The Independence County Democratic Party’s filing period will be Feb. 22 through March 1, according to party officials. Volunteers will be at the county courthouse during that period with forms for candidates available.
The county committee voted to establish a $0 filing fee for any Democratic candidates seeking county-level office in Independence County for this cycle.
The following county offices will be on the 2018 ballot:
- County Judge. This is a 4 yr term. ~$58k/yr compensation
- County Sheriff. This is a 4 yr term. ~$52k/yr compensation
- County Clerk. This is a 4 yr term. ~$45k/yr compensation
- Circuit Clerk. This is a 4 yr term. ~$45k/yr compensation
- County Assessor. This is a 4 yr term. ~$45k/yr compensation
- County Tax Collector. This is a 4 yr term. ~$45k/yr compensation
- County Treasurer. This is a 4 yr term. ~$45k/yr compensation
- County Coroner. This is a 4 yr term. ~$15k/yr compensation
- Justices of the Peace serving on the Quorum Court (11 districts in the county, voter’s ballot will have their district’s candidates). This is a 2yr term. $2760+/yr compensation.
- Constable (voter’s ballots will have their township’s candidates). This is a 2yr term with no compensation.
Questions about polling places, voting machines, and volunteering for poll duty can be directed to the Independence County Election commission: http://www.independencecounty.com/content/independence-county-election-commission
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. and Ozark Newsline on Arkansas 103.3, 93 KZLE, and other W.R.D. Entertainment radio stations. If you have a news tip or event to promote, email White River Now at email@example.com.