The Arkansas Activities Association has received approval from the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) to move forward with regular-season events in cheer, dance, volleyball, and football.
As such, the districts are no longer required to submit their own plan for coronavirus guidelines to the ADH for approval in holding such events as long as schools adhere to ADH requirements. Some of those requirements include:
- The venue capacity should be determined by having all spectators maintain a physical distance of six feet from other spectators at all times. Single-household family groups may sit together, but six-feet physical distancing must be maintained from all other groups or individuals.
- Bleacher seating should be restricted such that every other row is unoccupied.
- Standing room/additional chair settings should be marked on the ground to provide six feet of distancing.
- Except for children under the age of 10, face coverings will be required for all persons — even while sitting and physical distancing. Coverings can be removed only to consume food or beverage, but then should be put back in place immediately.
- Concession sales will have to comply with the ADH regarding resuming restaurant dine-in operations, and schools are encouraged to reduce or limit menu offerings to promote expedient flow through concessions and to reduce congestion in concession stand lines.
To read the full ADH memo to public and private school superintendents and athletic directors, click here.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. on Ozark Newsline, broadcast from the First Community Bank Newsroom on Arkansas 103.3. White River Now updates are also aired weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and yourfm 99.5. Have a news tip or event to promote? Email White River Now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Add don’t forget to download the White River Now mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.