County families for the 74th annual Arkansas Farm Family of the Year program have been selected, according to Farm Bureau of Arkansas. From this initial number will come eight district winners to be announced on June 15. Then, in December, the Farm Family of the Year will be announced at a luncheon in Little Rock.
North Central Arkansas District families selected include:
- The Cody and Hannah Walker family of Henderson (Baxter County)
- Bill and Gail Davis of Concord (Cleburne County)
- The Michael and Duana Batterton family of Viola (Fulton County)
- The Dennis Broadwater family of Batesville (Independence County)
- The Tyler and Whitney Cooper family of Melbourne (Izard County)
- The Heath and Emily Smith family of Yellville (Marion County)
- The Fon Cash family of Everton (Searcy County)
- Twin Oakes Farms LLC of Cave City (Sharp County)
- The Keith and Cindy Branscum family of Fifty-Six (Stone County)
- The Ronnie and Kerri Jones family of Scotland (Van Buren County)
And in Jackson County, William and Courtney Tate of Amagon were selected as part of the North East District.
Arkansas Farm Bureau says one of the reasons for the program is to recognize the importance of agriculture in the community and the state.
Get up-to-date local and regional news along with the latest sports and weather every weekday morning by listening to Gary B. on Ozark Newsline, broadcast from the First Community Bank Newsroom on Arkansas 103.3. White River Now updates are also aired weekday mornings on 93 KZLE, Outlaw 106.5, and Your FM 99.5. Have a news tip or event to promote? Email White River Now at email@example.com. Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Add don’t forget to download the White River Now mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.