Open Modal

Fulton County homicide case closed following suspect’s suicide

jacob-smith-van-buren-county
jacob-smith-van-buren-county
Jacob Lowell Smith

Charges will not be filed in a Fulton County double homicide after the primary suspect died by suicide while in custody, according to the district’s prosecuting attorney.

Drew Smith said in a letter to the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division that his office will not pursue charges in the deaths of Tonya Stallings and Ashley Stallings because the suspect, Jacob Lowell Smith, is deceased.

According to KAIT, the prosecutor gave this statement:

“The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is declining to file any criminal charges at this time. The primary suspect is deceased, and any crime committed before his passing would of course be abated by death. The State has no evidence that any other individual was involved or present at the scene during the commission of the crimes.”

The women were found Oct. 21, 2025, in the bedroom of their Fulton County home. Investigators determined they had been dead for several days and likely died from gunshot wounds. The home showed no signs of forced entry or ransacking.

Jacob Smith, who lived with the victims, was identified as a person of interest after a truck and firearms were reported missing. He was arrested Oct. 28 in Greene County.

DNA testing later matched blood on Smith’s clothing to Tonya Stallings. Smith died by suicide in custody on Nov. 13, 2025. Prosecutors said no evidence links any other person to the crimes.

Recommended Posts

Loading...